Another quarter is coming to an end. Before you prepare to repeat your marketing efforts from last quarter, take a moment and review what’s happened and if it’s effective.
Why? The saying goes, “time is money.” But also, money is money. Don’t go another 3 months without knowing you aren’t wasting it. Here are 3 things to consider when making your plans for the next quarter (or whatever timeframe you want).
Now is a great time to check on your traffic. If you have Google Analytics or any website platform analytics, there are a few things to look for to see how you’re doing.
- Is your intended demographic the demographic that’s visiting the site? (Age, sex, location, etc.)
- Why you need to know: If it matches, great! If not, either you are doing something to attract the wrong audience, or you have the wrong idea of who your product/service is for.
- What is your bounce rate? (The percentage of visitors who leave after visiting only one page.)
- Why you need to know: If the rate is high, your audience may not know where to go next or nothing grabbed their attention.
- When was the last time you reviewed your site on a mobile device?
- Why you need to know: Often business owners put a site up and neglect to check the mobile optimization. With a little over 50% of internet traffic generated from mobile devices, it’s extremely important to review.
Your Email Marketing
If your brand is using email marketing, it’s can be hard to pull away from sending to review. Every email marketing platform offers some insight into how your audience is engaging with your emails.
- What is your current email open rate? (The percentage of your list opening your emails.)
- Why you need to know: Knowing this tells you how engaged your brand. They are clearly interested, you have the email address. Maybe it’s time to review the type of content you’re offering.
- What is your click rate? (The percentage of how many successfully delivered campaigns registered at least one click.)
- Why you need to know: Opening it is great. Taking another step is better. This could indicate unclear calls-to-action.
Your Social Media
Every single social media platform has insights that will tell you in-depth info about your audience and how they engage with your content.
- Do you know your most effective scheduling times/days?
- Why you need to know: If you’re using a scheduling software that chooses times for you, awesome. If you aren’t, you could be posting at night when the platform says your audience is most active in the morning.
- Has your audience grown?
- Why you need to know: Let’s just assume you want to grow your business. You should be constantly growing your audience on the platforms you’ve chosen. If there hasn’t been much growth, it may be time to change your content strategy or evaluate whether you’re on the right platforms.
- What types of posts got the most engagement/
- Why you need to know: If you notice a pattern, you know what catches and keeps your audiences attention. Do more of that.
This is not a deep dive, but it should get you started in the right direction!
Head over to Instagram and let us know any questions you have.